Podcasting is one of the most powerful trends at the moment. Anybody these days that has a good internet connection and decent equipment can start a podcasting. If you are interested in podcasting and looking for the best microphone for podcasting, then read some of our best choices for 2018.
Top 5 Best Microphone for Podcasting Comparison Chart
Best Microphone for Podcasting Reviews
1. Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
The Blue Snowball iCe Condenser Microphone offers the user the ability to record vocals, podcasts, or narrate home videos easily. In addition, the custom condenser provides clear audio for Skype, iMessages, or FaceTime. You can also use this microphone to create clear recordings for YouTube videos. This microphone is one of the best on the market as it can be used professionally or at home.
If you are interested in creating a YouTube video, recording, or podcast that sounds professional, clear, and concise, one of our favorite aspects of this microphone is that it comes with an adjustable desktop mic stand as well as a USB cable which makes it easy to just plug it into a computer and begin recording.
There are no extra drivers to install in order to be able to use this mic which makes it very convenient for someone who doesn’t want to have to spend time downloading and installing software. It is important to note that this mic will work on a PC or a Mac.
- Custom condenser capsule offers crystal clear audio for Skype, Messages and FaceTime
- Record vocals, create podcasts, and add narration to your home movies
- Add crystal clear audio to recordings for YouTube. Frequency Response: 40 -18 kHz
- Easy plug and play directly to your Mac or PC-no drivers to install
- Snowball iCE is a USB 2.0 device (USB 3.0 compatible as per USB 3.0 backward compatibility specification).Sample/word Rate: 44.1 kHz/16 bit
What's to like about the Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
This microphone offers a great custom condenser capsule that delivers clear audio and is best used when recording podcasts. In fact, many consumers share that they prefer this mic over others that are within the same quality category because of the clarity. Other perks that beat out competitors include but are not limited to the ability to omit using a screen with this mic, it plugs in and can be used without software or the need to install drivers.
What's not to like about the Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
While this mic offers many great perks, some consumers have not been happy with the way the product appears within the packing upon receipt. The packaging does not affect the way that the product performs or is used but some consumers feel as if the packaging could be a bit more like Apple products’ clean and sophisticated look.
Some suggest using a pop filter with this mic for extra clarity while others do not feel that you need one. Due to mixed reviews on the need for the use of a pop filter, it is inconclusive as to whether or not you must have one to use this mic successfully.
2. YouMic Lavalier Lapel Microphone
Sometimes it is not feasible to carry around a computer and a full-size microphone. This is especially true if you are going to be going to an award show or a fancy event. However, if it is your job to provide on-site interviews, or you want to record an interview on the spot, the YouMic Lavalier Lapel Microphone is a great little gadget to have.
Chances are high that you will always have your phone with you, so carrying a small lapel mic that can easily work with your phone is a smart piece of equipment to put in your pocket while you are out and about. The convenience and ease of use with this mic makes it simple to record interviews or sounds at any time.
If you are a vlogger, journalist, or just like to record on the fly, this small lapel mic by YouMic is a great gadget to have on hand. This lapel mic easily plugs into your iPhone or iPad and can be used on the spot. However, if you have a desire to use this mic with a computer, simply use the adapter that is included.
Another great perk is that this mic includes a metal mount that will hold the mic on to your clothing, no matter what you are doing. If you are running, skydiving, or have a desire to record workout videos, this mic is perfect. It is important to note that this mic is sensitive and it will record any sound that is within 3 meters of the device. While you can adjust the sensitivity to the mic, it is important to make a note of this feature.
- Lavalier microphone gives CLEAR SOUND in comparison with built-in android / iphone microphone. Increase the distance between iphone and vlogger, reduce the noise of recording
- Microphone for iphone is PLUG&PLAY no drivers, batteries needed to record great video interview. Adapter for PC/Camera included
- Lapel microphone is COMPATIBLE with iPhone X, 8 plus, 8, 7 plus, 7, 6s, 6, 5s, 5, SE, iOs, Android
- IMPORTANT: THIS PACKAGE DOES NOT CONTAIN AN iPHONE ADAPTER
- 2 YEARS WARRANTY on any issue with the lavalier microphone for iphone - just contact YouMic support
What's to like about the YouMic Lavalier Lapel Microphone
Unlike many mics on the market today, you can use this mic with an iPhone, iPad, or even a DSLR camera or a GoPro. It is recommended that before you look into connecting your mic with a DSLR camera or a GoPro that you make sure that the model you are using does not need an adapter.
Some DSLR cameras require the use of a TRS adapter, which is included, while others require a preamplifier which is not included. In addition, we would be remiss to not make note that this mic offers omnidirectional capability which means that it will allow you to conduct an interview on the spot without the need to prep your equipment.
What's not to like about the YouMic Lavalier Lapel Microphone
Some users love this mic while others don’t, so it really comes down to personal preference. If you want a mic that is compatible with Apple products, is easy to use, and is lightweight, this mic is one you will want to consider. However, if you are not keen on using Apple products and you are an Android user, the feedback on this product is inconclusive as to whether or not it truly works well with Android.
3. PowerDeWise Professional Grade Lavalier Lapel Microphone
This professional lavalier lapel mic is affordable and offers supreme functionality with no hassle. This mic is easy to use on a MacBook, iPad, iPod, iPhone, Android, or Windows smartphones which makes it versatile and a good investment. We chose to highlight the PowerDeWise brand as there are many products like this one, but they are merely imitations and don’t provide the same level of professional quality that this mic has to offer.
The PowerDeWise Lavalier is omnidirectional and offers an easy clip-on system which is convenient when you are doing presentations or giving a lecture to a room full of people. The noise-cancelling feature allows you to record without a hassle leaving you with the most professional results. This item is perfect for those who want to record for a YouTube video, podcast, or GarageBand. The possibilities are truly endless with this mic.
- Lavalier microphone, designed by PowerDeWise, will take your sound recording quality to the next level
- Due to a well-established technology process the microphone has quality, reliability and protection from extraneous noise
- PLUG&PLAY no drivers needed. FOR IPHONE 7, 8, X, 11 use 3.5mm-lightning adapter from your iPhone box
- COMPATIBLE: iPhone X, 8, 8 plus, 7, 7 plus, 6, 6s, 5, 5s, iOs and Android smartphone
- 1 YEAR WARRANTY on any issue with the lavalier lapel microphone - just contact PowerDeWise support
What's to like about the PowerDeWise Professional Grade Lavalier Lapel Microphone
This mic is small and can easily fit on a shirt or jacket. Sometimes when you are recording a podcast or a video, you will want to walk around. This lavalier comes equipped with a 79” Velcro wrapped extension cord that gives you the ability to walk about while recording. This mic is made of high-quality materials and the manufacture stands behind the product. If you are not fully satisfied, you can receive a refund.
What's not to like about the PowerDeWise Professional Grade Lavalier Lapel Microphone
There are some concerns about the ability to record clear, static-free audio with this lapel mic; however, in our research, this is unfounded. While this lapel mic offers a variety of outstanding features, it does not work with many DSLR cameras such as but not limited to the Canon t3i.
If you have an interest in using a lapel mic with your DSLR camera, you will need to conduct additional research on this product’s functionality with your specific camera model.
4. ZINGYOU ZY-801 Professional Studio Microphone
Not just your typical mic, the ZingYou ZY-801 model is full of attractive nuances that make this mic a notable favorite. Since previous models, the engineers who created this mic have worked hard to make improvements on the capsule, mic head, and XLR cable. These improvements include an upgrade to the mic core as well as enhanced sensitivity that allows the mic to pick up near source noise while reducing ambient noise at the same time.
This mic is a favorite among consumers and professionals alike as it offers a sleek design that is useful and attractive. The humanized design offers a functional tripod that is made with high-grade metal material, which means that stability will not be of concern.
Another great perk is that the tripod is foldable, making it easy to store and transport without a hassle. The double layered pop filter is 6” and includes a flexible gooseneck and sturdy C-clamp. These features are important as they eliminate feedback and protect the mic stand from scratching the table surface which can sound horrific during the middle of a podcast recording.
- Condenser Vibration Pickup - The ZY-801 is cardioid polar pattern that picks up best what happens in front of mic while reducing pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source. The ZINGYOU ZY-801 is great for recoding vocals and anything for home and project studios that's supposed to sound "clean" and "close"
- Humanized Design - Desktop tripod is solidly constructed metal appearance provide phenomenal stability. It can be foldable when not using it. 6" double layered pop filter with flexible goose neck and sponge C-clamp, fit most standard microphone stand and also protect stand from scratching
- Improvement on the ZY-801 - ZINGYOU's engineers made 3 important improvement on the ZY-801: capsule, microphone head, XLR cable. Upgraded microphone core, improved sensitivity can pick up near source and reduce ambient noise; Microphone head adopts denser net, reducing surrounded unnecessary noise and making recording clearer from sound source; 1/8" TRS Stereo to XLR Female cable is robust construction including a flexible PVC jacket with gold-plated connectors in a rugged metal housing for freq
- Superior Sound Quality - The ZY-801 cardioid condenser mic is a professional quality microphone that can be used for vocals and instruments in the studio or at home. With the convenient maximum sound pressure level of 130dB - you can scream as hard as you want or throw an electric guitar at it without worrying about distortion
- Package Included - The package comes with the ZY-801 condenser microphone, 1/8" TRS Stereo to XLR Female cable, pop filter, shock mount, tripod, mic windscreen, English manual instruction, 1-year warranty
What's to like about the ZINGYOU ZY-801 Professional Studio Microphone
This mic can be used for recording home videos, professional podcasts, or taping family activities. In addition, you can use this mic while video gaming on a PC or gaming system.
If vibration pickup is of concern, this mic offers a cardioid polar pattern that helps retrieve the sounds that happen in front of the mic while at the same time working to eliminate sounds coming from the rear or the sides. Because of this functional element, this mic is great for use at home or within a professional studio.
What's not to like about the ZINGYOU ZY-801 Professional Studio Microphone
This mic is outstanding which makes it hard to come up with an area in which it can improve. While this model was just upgraded since the last release by ZINGYOU, there is always room to improve technology with the latest research. For upcoming releases, we hope that the mic will provide additional features such as an extended cord that would allow for one to walk around while recording.
5. ELINKA Professional Microphone
A mic is typically black and appears to be very bland. The Elinka Professional Mic, however, offers a pop of vibrant color that provides a level of fun that is not available from other brands. This mic is perfect if you want to sing on the internet, record your voice, or host a podcast. There is no need to download drivers as this mic provides plug and play capabilities.
This mic comes with a desk mini-tripod, offers noise cancellation, and is great for using with Skype or recording your latest podcast. Elinka offers a limited manufacturer warranty when you work with their highly praised customer support team.
- Special design for chatting on MSN,Skype & Hangouts,Gaming on Discord ,Streaming on Twitch, it's also perfect for voice recording; recording interview,presentation narration, video conference,online meetings for work; YouTubers who need to make video, vlogging,record podcast, add voice over, video commentary; and Singing on the internet.
- Plug and play,no extra gear needed. It is compatible with computers,PC,Just plug The 3.5mm stereo cord to the MIC port in your PC and it is ready to work.
- 100% brand new. High quality. Noisy cancellation. condenser microphone makes your voice sound clear and crisp.With a frequency resolution of 50Hz -16KHz, it offers a smooth audio without distortion.
- Conveniently stand with the help of the mini desktop tripod (Included). The tripod allows for 180-degree rotation,which enables you to get better sound quality by adjusting the right angle of Mic to the direction of sound source.
- You can get Elinka products with manufacturer warranty and superb customer service.If you have any questions,pls feel free to contact Elinka Customer Service First.
What's to like about the ELINKA Professional Microphone
This mic is perfect for someone who is just starting to learn how to record podcasts, videos, or classroom lectures. The mic is easy to use as it provides plug-and-play features that do not require the download of additional drivers. If you are concerned about getting the mic to work out of the box, you will not have to worry with the Elinka as it is easily set up.
What's not to like about the ELINKA Professional Microphone
If you are hoping to conduct professional interviews or record podcasts with several people, this mic will not be sufficient. You will need to invest in a stronger mic that does not pick up small noises from the surrounding area for such projects.
MICROPHONE FOR PODCASTING BUYER'S GUIDE
The market is oversaturated with mic brands and many consumers find themselves getting caught up in marketing jargon while trying to decipher the best product for their needs.
When shopping for a mic, it is important to take into consideration the type of mic that you need in order to be able to accomplish your goals, the quality of the mic and how long you want to be able to use it, as well as the style, diaphragm size, and warranty information. This guide will provide you with all the key information that you will need to make an informed decision as to which mic will work best for you.
The first thing you need to identify before purchasing a mic is to determine whether you want an omnidirectional or a unidirectional mic. The differences are important as choosing one over the other can impact the quality of your recording. In the simplest of terms, if you are interested in recording the sounds from all around you, investing in an omnidirectional mic will work best.
An omnidirectional mic will record sounds with equal gains from all sides of the mic. However, if you are a professor and have an interest in recording your lecture, a unidirectional mic will be the best choice. A unidirectional mic will pick up a sound from one direction with equal gains. All other sounds will either be left behind or will turn up as a low, dull, background sound.
In addition to choosing between omnidirectional or unidirectional, there are also bidirectional, shotgun mics, and cardioid mics to choose from. Once you have the type of mic nailed down, you will then need to look at internal and external components, accessories, and ease of use before determining the mic that will work best for your current and future goals.
When you invest money in a product, you will want to make sure that is made of good quality materials. There is nothing more disappointing than to spend money on a product that breaks instantly or does not perform well. To avoid being disappointed in your mic purchase, be sure to research the quality of the mic and explore where and how it was produced.
When you invest in a mic, it is important to find one that is durable. When you travel for business or you want to host several people on podcast, it would not be beneficial to have a mic that is flimsy. Pay close attention to the mic stand and make sure that it is durable and stable as well.
Another key feature to take into consideration during your research and shopping, is the diaphragm size of the mic. Most of the time, the diaphragm size is not all that significant unless you are shopping for a condenser mic.
The style of a mic is purely subjective. If you are eclectic and have an interest in purchasing a mic that is vibrant and colorful, the Elinka Professional is one to give great consideration. However, if you are interested in something a bit lower key and professional, the YouMic Lavalier is a good option that won’t break the bank.
If you plan to have your mic for a long time and you want to ensure that you have some protection when it comes to wear and tear, you will want to find a mic that offers a warranty. The PowerDeWise mic is a good one to consider if you are looking for a good product warranty.
MICROPHONE FOR PODCASTING F.A.Q.
How to record a podcast on a PC?
To record a podcast on your PC, you will need to download Audacity. Audacity is a free service that allows you to record your podcasts and release them to the public for their enjoyment. Once you have downloaded Audacity, you will need to make adjustments to your mic and speaker settings to get them just right. Practice recording and listen for excess noise and continue to make adjustments.
Pay close attention to correcting the levels and the clipping of the mic. Once you have made adjustments, recorded your material, made sufficient edits, and toned down harsh sounds such as “s,” you can then export your audio to allow it to be public. While the process sounds like it can be cumbersome, it is easy once you get the hang of it.
What kind of microphone do I need?
The answer to this is purely subjective. Choosing the type of microphone that will fit with your needs is based on personal preference and your intended outcomes. If you are hoping to record an interview on the red carpet, you will want to consider a lapel mic. However, if you are going to be recording a podcast, you may want to invest in a blue snowball mic with a pop filter.
How to connect condenser mic to computer?
A condenser mic is great for those who want to record a podcast and do not want outside noises to interfere with their content.
The first step to connecting your condenser mic is to make sure that you have downloaded the appropriate software; then, make sure that your mic is set up close to your computer and you have switched your cardioid on. After that, make sure to connect your mic and headphones and then you can begin to do sound checks.
What do you need to record a podcast?
To record a podcast you will need a good mic, a pair of headphones, a pop filter to keep out excess noise, a boom, recording and editing software and finally a podcast hosting account.
Does Blue Yeti work with Windows 10?
In order to use a Blue Yeti with Windows 10 software, you will need to download specific drivers that make them compatible. A Yeti Pro driver is the best option.
It is no secret that there are many types of mics on the market, making it hard to determine which one is the best for your current and future goals.
In order to be successful in finding a mic that will work best, you will need to conduct some research on the type of mic that will work best for the projects that you want to accomplish. This guide is full of pertinent information that will provide you with the necessary knowledge to find the perfect mic. Happy recording!